Show Racism the Red Card are seeking to recruit a full time Education Worker to work throughout the Southern Region as part of the Team based in Southend on Sea.
35 hours per week
NJC Pay Scale 12 - 17 - £21,589 - £23,836
The post involves delivering workshops to young people and adults throughout the South of England and occasionally the UK, working within the Team to help organise anti-racism workshops and events. All aspects of the work are subject to internal monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
A large amount of SRtRC’s educational work takes place in primary and secondary schools. We also regularly work with adults in school, community and workplace settings, along with groups who may have more complex needs.
Working within the team, the Education Worker will utilise existing SRtRC educational materials as well as support the ongoing creation and development of workshop activities, resources and training materials to align with the current funded projects of the campaign.
The Education Worker will also help in the implementation and running of anti-racism events whilst assisting in reporting, monitoring and evaluating the work of the education team.
The role will involve region-wide travel (travel expenses will be covered as per SRtRC’s expenses policy). Full UK driving licence and access to a car is essential.
· Delivering anti-racism workshops to young people and adults across the region
· Working with other members of the UK Education Team to develop new educational activities and resources
· Representing SRtRC at meetings where appropriate
· Training teachers/head teachers/others as appropriate
· Helping with the organisation and delivery of SRtRC events in the Southern region
· Administration around the post such as producing reports and collating feedback
· Evaluation of educational workshops
· To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as decided by the Chief Executive
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
· Excellent facilitation skills and ability to engage diverse groups of participants
· Commitment to anti-racism and other forms of inequality
· Ability to develop new educational ideas and activities
· Ability to adapt to dynamic and changing environments
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to meet specific deadlines under pressure
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Excellent IT skills
· Knowledge of safeguarding agendas
· An understanding of the societal impact of inequality and oppression
· Experience working with controversial and sensitive issues
To download an application pack please click the links below or write to:
Show Racism the Red Card
The Linskill Centre
Deadline for receipt of application forms is Tuesday 3rd September 2019 at 12.00
Interviews will be held in Central London on Wednesday 18th September 2019
Show Racism the Red Card aims to be an equal opportunities employer