Tuesday 7th May 2019, City Hall, London
In the past few weeks and months we have witnessed an unprecedented rise in the number of reported racist incidences and hate crimes in the UK. Politicians, Footballers, Teachers and concerned members of the Public keep repeating that Education is vital in helping to reduce racism and anti-discrimination.
On Tuesday 7th May Show Racism the Red Card invited over 60 guests to see and hear for themselves why we are called the UK's Leading Anti-Racism Education Charity and how we might be able to help their Local Authority Borough, Football Club or Workplace.
Our guests had the opportunity to meet and hear from a variety of speakers including:
· Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP for Tooting and Shadow Minister for Sport
· Dawn Butler MP for Brent and Shadow Minister for Woman and Equalities
· Cllr Sue Fennimore Deputy Leader of Hammersmith and Fulham Council
· Yvette Thomas School Improvement Manager at Buckinghamshire Council
· Joe Lyons CEO of West Ham United FC Foundation
· Cllr Darren Rodwell Leader of Barking and Dagenham Council
· Howard Beckett Assistant General Secretary of Unite the Union
· Leroy Rosenior MBE Vice President of SRtRC and ex professional footballer
· Paul Elliott CBE Anti Racism Campaigner and ex professional footballer
The event was chaired by Vice President of SRtRC Christine Blower (National Education Union) and highlighted many great examples of the power of partnership working in educating young people and adults of the issues around racism, discrimination and hate crime.
Show Racism the Red Card would like to say a massive 'Thank You' to London Assembly Member Unmesh Desai, and Nicholas Wilson of City Hall for their help and support in making the event such a great success.
For more information contact:
Southern Region Manager
Show Racism the Red Card