Show Racism the Red Card is an anti-racism educational charity. The aim of the organisation is to combat racism through anti-racism education, whilst enabling role models, who are predominantly but not exclusively footballers, to present an anti-racism message to young people and society.
We are seeking to recruit two Education Workers to work throughout the North East as part of our Education Team based in North Shields. Show Racism the Red Card will consider applications from individuals looking for full time, part time and term time only working patterns.
NJC Pay Scale 22 – 25: £ £21,074 - £23,111 (pro rata)
Working Hours: Full time/Part time/ Term time only available
The post involves delivering workshops to young people and adults throughout the North East of England and occasionally the UK, working within the Education Team (based in North Shields) to help organise anti-racism workshops and events. All aspects of the work are subject to internal monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
A large amount of SRtRC’s educational work takes place in primary and secondary schools. We also regularly work with adults in community and workplace settings, along with groups who may have more complex needs.
Working within the education team, the Education Worker will utilise existing SRtRC educational materials as well as support the ongoing creation and development of workshop activities, resources and training materials to align with the current funded projects of the campaign.
The Education Worker will also help in the implementation and running of anti-racism events whilst assisting in reporting, monitoring and evaluating the work of the education team.
The role is North Shields based, but will involve region-wide travel (travel expenses will be covered as per SRtRC’s expenses policy). Own car is essential.
· Delivering anti-racism workshops to young people and adults across the North East of England.
· Working with other members of the UK Education Teams to develop new educational activities and training programmes.
· Working with members of the SRtRC team to create educational resources.
· Representing SRtRC at meetings where appropriate.
· Helping with the organisation and delivery of SRtRC events in the North East and across the UK.
· Evaluation of educational workshops.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
· Excellent facilitation skills and ability to engage diverse groups of participants
· Commitment to anti-racism and other forms of inequality
· Ability to develop new educational ideas and activities
· Ability to adapt to dynamic and changing environments
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to meet specific deadlines under pressure
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Excellent IT skills
· Knowledge of safeguarding agendas
· An understanding of the societal impact of inequality and oppression
· Experience working with controversial and sensitive issues
To download an application pack please click the links below or write to:
Show Racism the Red Card
The Linskill Centre
Tel: 0191 257 6200
Applications close on Monday 1st October at 17:00. (Applications submitted after this time will not be accepted)
Interviews will take place in Newcastle or North Shields on Wednesday 10th October.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Show Racism the Red Card strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. SRtRC are committed to supporting flexible working where possible to accommodate the needs of successful applicants.