Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is the UK’s leading anti-racism educational charity.
The aim of the organisation is to combat racism through anti-racism education, whilst using football as an engagement tool to positively campaign and promote an anti-racism message. The education team in Scotland also currently deliver ‘Tackling LGBT+ Bullying’ education.
We are seeking to recruit a full time Campaign Manager based in our Scotland Office in Glasgow.
35 hours per week
NJC Pay Scale 29 – 36 Scale 3: £25,951 - £31,601
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate management experience in a similar role, knowledge of racism, equality legislation and football.
The Scotland Campaign Manager is responsible for:
· Planning and putting into operation SRtRC's campaign strategy for Scotland
· Line Management of all staff who deliver SRtRC's anti-racism education work in Scotland, work in schools and communities, annual Creative Competition, annual fortnight of action and high-profile events
· SRtRC's Government and lobbying work in Scotland, including policy-making work with Government and other policy-making bodies
· Maintaining SRtRC media profile through press and media work
· Ensuring that SRtRC receives necessary funding, through income-generating activities from grant proposals to profit-making partnerships
· Planning and monitoring budgets for the campaign in conjunction with the Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Officer
The post holder is a member of SRtRC’s Senior Management Team.
A large amount of SRtRC Scotland’s educational work takes place in primary and secondary schools. We also regularly work with community groups and with adults in workplace settings, along with groups who may be considered ‘hard to reach’.
The role involves managing the education team, to utilise existing SRtRC educational materials as well as supporting the ongoing creation and development of workshop activities, resources and lesson plans to align with the current funded projects of the campaign.
The Manager will also oversee the implementation and running of anti-racism events whilst assisting in reporting, monitoring and evaluating the work of the education team.
The successful candidate must have the following:
· Knowledge of racism and anti-racism
· Experience of project management
· Experience of delivering presentations
· Experience of managing staff
· Ability to use contemporary ICT
· Good organisational skills
· Experience of monitoring and evaluation
· Experience of planning educational activities
· Fundraising experience
· Good oral and written communication skills
· A high level of motivation, ability to work with minimum supervision but still capable of working as an effective team member
· Ability to meet specific deadlines under pressure
· Experience of liaising and maintaining relationships with senior representatives from external organisations
The role is Glasgow based, but will involve Scotland-wide travel (travel expenses will be covered as per SRtRC’s expenses policy).
Driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
To download an application pack, including full Job Description, please click the link below or write to:
Show Racism the Red Card
The Linskill Centre
Tyne & Wear
Applications close on 25th June 2018 at 17:00.
(Applications submitted after this time will not be accepted)
Interviews will take place in Glasgow w/c 2nd July 2018.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Show Racism the Red Card aims to be an equal opportunities employer.