Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is an anti-racism charity. The aim of the organisation is to combat racism through anti-racism education and working with professional footballers to support the campaign. We also deliver Tackling LGBTQI Bullying and Refugee Inclusion Education.
Sessional Education Worker Summary
The Sessional Education Worker will be delivering workshops to young people throughout Scotland, working within the Education team to help organise anti-racism events, deliver Education, reporting, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team.
£15 per hour and travel/sustenance expenses will be covered.
Own car is essential.
· Delivering anti-racism workshops to young people across Scotland
· Working with other members of the Education Team to develop new educational activities
· Representing SRtRC at meetings where appropriate
· Training teachers/head teachers/others as appropriate
· Helping with the organisation and delivery of SRtRC events in Scotland
· Administration around the post such as producing reports and collating feedback
· Evaluation of educational workshops
· To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as decided by the Chief Executive
- Implementation of agreed programme of educational activities in Scotland
- The delivery of high standard workshops and events, which will educate and inform young people on anti-racism issues
- Comprehensive feedback on the outputs and outcomes of the educational programmes
- Implementation of the agreed educational and other work programmes
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of education work against funding objectives
- Assisting with the development of anti-racism educational materials
Skills & Knowledge
· Experience in a similar role including delivering workshops to young people and adults
· Excellent communication skills; written, telephone, presentation skills
· Commitment to anti-racism
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Developing new ideas
· Knowledge of ethnic minority communities and issues affecting them
· Knowledge of football
· Experience of planning educational activities
To apply send CV to email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday 26th of September at 17:00. Applications submitted after this time will not be accepted.
Interview date is the 28th of September 2017.