Show Racism the Red Card Wales was recently confirmed as the approved partner for the GLP-W programme
The GLP-W plays a crucial role in supporting schools and we are delighted to have been chosen as one of their partners. We look forward to working together and broaden the learning experiences of pupils in Wales.
SRtRC Wales Campaign Manager Sunil Patel
We were delighted to have been chosen as one of the approved partners for the Global Learning Programme and on 27th May 2016, we were able to showcase our work and engage with teachers from schools in North Wales. This will be the start of a programme of events that our charity will provide training to enable teachers to improve their knowledge and empower them to tackle prejudice and racism in school.
· equipping their pupils with the knowledge and skills to make a positive contribution to a globalised world
· supporting teachers to deliver effective teaching and learning about development and global issues at Key Stages 2 and 3
· Help children and young people understand their role in a globally interdependent world and explore ways by which they can make it more just and sustainable
· Familiarise pupils with the concepts of interdependence, development and globalisation
· Stimulate critical thinking about global issues, both at a whole school and pupil level
· Help schools promote greater awareness of global poverty and how it can be reduced
· Enable teachers to explore new and alternative ways of teaching about development and sustainability in the classroom.
Further details about The Global Learning Programme can be found at their website