Show Racism the Red Card Wales are delighted to present their all new Conference pack that will be given to all delegates at our training days this year.
The new pack, written by our Education Team and designed by local company Ctrl-alt-design, will be a one stop shop for everyone’s equality needs.
In it you will find:
8 lesson packs in both English and Welsh (General, Islamophobia, Asylum Seeker and Gypsy Traveller)
· 40 printable resources that our education team use in workshops
· 4 Workshop Powerpoints
· Other equality documents
· Estyn documents linked to equality
· Equality booklet – Specially created by us for trainee teachers this 20 page booklet is a bitesize guide to equality in the classroom
· USB 5 GB jam packed with our resources and lesson packs
· 2 x Show Racism the Red Card DVDs
· Terminology document – the do’s and don’ts of modern equality language
· Hannah Robert Q &A – Highlighting the devastating impact that racism can have on young lives
· A selection of Football Club posters
The Bite-Size Equality booklet in particular is an exciting new development. Education Manager Simon Richard explains how it came about ‘ We wanted to be able to give people something simple to look at if they found themselves faced by a racist incident in school or work. It is an easy to read point of reference for teachers and adults who work with children, with links to useful websites if they want further information. It is a really useful publication that we hope will be valuable for teachers and other educators.’
SRTRC understands that teachers are desperate to combat racism in the classroom but have been deterred by a lack of knowledge, training and confidence. We hope that this pack can really empower teachers to pro-actively deal with racism as it happens and help educate the next generation in Wales.
For more information about booking a conference in Wales email firstname.lastname@example.org