SRTRC Wales looking for freelance education workers
Sessional Education Coach/Worker wanted - Show Racism the Red Card - Cardiff
Show Racism the Red Card is one of Wales' leading education charities. Thanks to a high level of growth over the last couple of years we are looking to recruit a small pool of freelance education workers who will deliver our workshops in schools across the country.
Working with a wide variety of young people in a wide variety of settings the successful applicants will have either a background in education or in coaching and football.
We are especially interested in hearing from people who are fluent Welsh speakers.
Work is term time only and dependent on school bookings.
Show Racism the Red Card Job Description: Sessional Football Coach
• To familiarise young people with a range of facts and skills that will enable them to challenge racism.
• To increase young peoples understanding of issues of diversity and identity, their rights and responsibilities
• To promote young peoples involvement as active and responsible citizens in a growing multi-racial society
• To increase the health of young people through participation in sport
• To increase the enthusiasm and participation of young people in anti-racist work through football and role model status.
Activities / Services to provided to meet the above outcome:
• To work alongside the SRTRC Community Education Team to deliver the SRtRC programme in schools and youth groups
• To deliver football training to groups of young people
• To complete risk assessments for the planned activities
• To develop other activities for delivery when conditions are inclement/venue is unsuitable for football training
• To help in the delivery of anti-racist/myth-busting workshops where appropriate
• To complete activity reports on the work
As due to the nature of the work the hours and times will vary from month to month, both parties agree to sit down and agree the working hours and any unsuitable dates a month in advance. This timetable can be changed by mutual agreement, however both sides should give as much notice as possible if the timetable needs to be amended.
Please contact Education Manager Simon Richards for further details on 02920 351616.