The SRtRC Anti-Racist School Competition 2009 has been one of the most successful that the campaign has organised. This report aims to show the methods and strategies SRtRC used to achieve effective promotion and organisation of this year's competition.
* Approximately 66,230 young people took part
* 632 schools across England ran the competition, for young people of all ages and abilities
* This total of schools is a 'four-year' high
* Promoted to every school in England, via National Union of Teachers
* 22 winning entries, produced by 102 young people from around the country
* Over 90% of participating teachers surveyed agreed that participating in the competition encouraged discussion about racism with pupils.