Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is the UK’s leading anti-racism educational charity. The aim of the organisation is to combat racism through anti-racism education, whilst using football as an engagement tool and to positively campaign and promote the anti-racism message. The education team in Scotland also currently deliver ‘Tackling LGBT+ Bullying’ education.
We are seeking to recruit a Full Time Education Worker based in our Scotland Office in Glasgow.
35 hours per week
NJC Pay Scale 22 – 25 Scale 3: £20,661 - £22,658
The Education Worker will deliver and facilitate anti-racism workshops/training with young people and adults throughout Scotland.
A large amount of SRtRC Scotland’s educational work takes place in primary and secondary schools. We also regularly work with community groups and with adults in workplace settings, along with groups who may be considered ‘hard to reach’.
Working within the education team, the Education Worker will utilise existing SRtRC educational materials as well as support the ongoing creation and development of workshop activities, resources and lesson plans to align with the current funded projects of the campaign.
The Education Worker will also help in the implementation and running of anti-racism events whilst assisting in reporting, monitoring and evaluating the work of the education team.
The role is Glasgow based, but will involve Scotland-wide travel (travel expenses will be covered as per SRtRC’s expenses policy). Own car is essential.
- Delivering anti-racism workshops to young people and adults across Scotland (including upper-primary/secondary/college age students)
- Working with other members of the Education Team to develop new educational materials
- Providing work place anti-racism training to external staff teams (eg. Union representatives/general staff/teachers/head teachers)
- Evaluation of educational workshops and collating feedback
- Helping with the organisation and delivery of SRtRC events in Scotland, and representing the campaign at events and functions
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as decided by the Chief Executive
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to speak enthusiastically and engagingly in front of large audiences
- The ability to facilitate and engage with a wide variety of groups whilst fielding differing opinions on sensitive subjects
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- The ability to work across various projects and to prioritise and organise workloads effectively
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to share knowledge and learning effectively within a staff team
- The ability to use Contemporary ICT
- Experience of planning educational activities
- Excellent communication skills; written, telephone, presentation skills
- A commitment to anti-racism
- Experience of facilitation in a similar role including delivering workshops to young people and adults
To download an application pack, including full Job Description, please click the link below or write to:
Show Racism the Red Card
The Linskill Centre
Applications close on 7th May 2018 at 17:00. (Applications submitted after this time will not be accepted)
Interviews will take place in Glasgow 21st May 2018.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Show Racism the Red Card aims to be an equal opportunities employer.