Show Racism the Red Card Scotland have partnered up with Glasgow’s Riverside Museum to run an interactive CPD session for teachers on challenging racism.
During this session participants will have the opportunity to:
· take part in practical and interactive activities which will help build confidence in recognising and responding to racist incidents
· find out more about the 2010 Equality Act, Public Sector Equality duties and a working definition of racism within current legislation
· share best practice with colleagues working in other schools
· be equipped with tools and knowledge to create a school environment which promotes equality for all
· take a tour of the Showpeople display at the Riverside Museum to learn more about this community and to consider the different traveling communities attending schools locally
Thurs 1st Feb 2018, 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Riverside Museum, Glasgow
Course Title: Traveling Communities – Recognising and Responding to Racist Incidents
· Glasgow based teachers can book on via Glasgow City Council’s CPD Manager: http://glasgow.cpdservice.net/
· Non-Glasgow based teachers can book via the Bookings Team on 0141 276 9505 / 9506.