For inclusive and welcoming communities against hate crime and all forms of racism and discrimination
This article is supplied by Migrant Voice.
Migrant Voice, together with a network of organisations concerned about the recent surge in hate crimes, is launching the #StandTogether campaign.
Ahead of International Migrants Day (18 December), MV are launching a week of positive action, the #StandTogether campaign (12-18 December), to invite people across the nation to stand together against hate crime and send a message that our communities are welcoming and inclusive and our migrant and ethnic minority neighbours are welcome in our streets.
The campaign invites individuals and organisations who are concerned about the increase in xenophobia and all forms of racism, intolerance and discrimination including antisemitism and islamophobia to take positive action in their local community.
If you disapprove of the recent rise in appalling acts of racism and hate, we invite you to take action.
Many migrants and ethnic minorities are anxious about their safety and worried about their future. They are part of our community and should not be subjected to hate crime.
Take a stand and join us in organising positive actions and messages in your street, library, work, school or place of worship, in the week of 12-18 December as an act of defiance against hate crimes and racial incidents.
The campaign's message:
'We are here today to #StandTogether with many people around the country against hate crime and all forms of discrimination and racism, and to stand in solidarity with migrants and ethnic minorities.'
These are some of the ways you can take part:
· Simply take a photo with our message and share it on social media
· Share our message of solidarity at an existing event or organise a new one to celebrate inclusive and welcoming communities and to stand up to hate crime and intolerance
· Invite your local MP, Community Police, councillor and others to support your message of solidarity
· Let us know at https://www.facebook.com/StandTogethercampaign/if you are planning to organise a #StandTogether event, and whether you are happy for the media to be informed
· Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/StandTogethercampaign/
· Tweet us @migrantvoiceUK and send us photos from your event.
Use these hashtags:
This campaign is initiated by Collaboration House, a hub for like-minded organisations – including interfaith and non-faith organisations - collaborating to strengthen their work to build bridges and understanding between different communities, for a more cohesive and just society.
Collaboration House member organisations:
Migrant Voice; Faiths Forum for London; Women’s Interfaith Network; Christian Muslim Forum; Council of Christians and Jews; Faith Based Regeneration Network; Integrity UK; International Debate Education Association; London Borough Faiths Network; Islamic Society of Britain; Nisa-Nashim; Sadaqa Day; European Network on Religion & Belief UK