SRtRC England will be offering FREE Training in the Gateshead area
Show Racism the Red Card is working with Gateshead Council to offer FREE training aimed at individuals,organisations,volunteers and networks working with, or on behalf of, the Voluntary and Community sector within the Gateshead area.
This training aims to:
• Explore the barriers to promoting equality and tackling racism
• Enable delegates to recognise racist incidents and explore how to respond to them most effectively
• Encourage participants to embed equality throughout their workplace
• Explore appropriate language relating to ethnicity
• Inform participants about appropriate referral pathways for reporting
Racism and hate crime are sadly on the increase. The contemporary context calls more than ever for those working in and with communities to be well informed, skilled, confident and able to respond to racism and inequality.
This training aims to offer participants an open, non judgemental environment to explore issues relating to racism and consider practical strategies to challenge negative attitudes and create safe, welcoming and inclusive spaces.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Venue: Gateshead Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1JN
Time of Event: 9am 4.30pm
To book click on PDF flyer here and there will be links to Eventbrite for booking each event by date.
Upcoming events are listed below:
If you have any questions or queries regarding these events please email: email@example.com