Those working in the field of education are invited to attend Show Racism the Red Card Scotland's training event.
The event aims to:
· raise awareness of issues of racism and the impacts on young people
· examine how race equality can be promoted through the curriculum for excellence
· empower delegates to challenge racism and respond to racist incidents
· equip delegates with knowledge and resources to educate young people against racism
The training will enable delegates to:
· develop programmes of Citizenship education by providing knowledge and accessible resources
· meet legal race equality obligations under the new Equality Act 2010 and the Education and Inspections Act 2006
· promote equality and tackle discrimination
Throughout the day there will be a carousel of workshops which will explore different aspects of the issue and presentations from key speakers. Workshop topics include: 'Embedding Race Equality: a Whole School Approach' and 'Reporting and Responding to Racist Incidents'.
Delegates will aslo have the opportunity to raise their concerns and have these addressed. This event is free to attend. Lunch will be provided and delegates will leave with a goody bag containing Show Racism the Red Card's educational resources.
For more information or to book your place, please contact Amanda Peebles
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0141 222 2058
Please note places are limited, so please contact us promptly to ensure your place.
Funded by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.