Scottish Campaign Manager - Glasgow
Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is an anti-racism charity. The aim of the organisation is to combat racism through anti-racism education and working with professional footballers to support the campaign. The organisation also works to educate against sectarianism and religious intolerance through our Show Bigotry the Red Card campaign.
Show Racism the Red Card/Show Bigotry the Red Card is looking for a new Campaign Manager to head up our anti-racism and anti-sectarianism campaign in Scotland.
The post is based in our Glasgow Office but involves managing the team and campaign with a remit throughout the whole of Scotland.
Show Racism the Red Card’s (SRtRC) Campaign Manager for Scotland is responsible for:
- Planning and putting into operation SRtRC's campaign strategy for Scotland.SRtRC's anti-racism education work in Scotland, through vehicles such as educational work in schools and communities, creative competition, fortnight of action and high profile events.
- SRtRC's government and lobbying work in Scotland, including policy-making work with government and other policy-making bodies.
- Maintaining SRtRC media profile through press and media work.
- Ensuring that SRtRC receives necessary funding, through income-generating activities from grant proposals to profit-making partnerships.
- Line management of all activity relating to Show Bigotry the Red Card including management of staff.
- Planning and monitoring budgets for the campaign in conjunction with the Campaign and Finance Manager.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of motivation, ability to work with minimum supervision but still capable of working as an effective team member.
- Knowledge of racism, sectarianism and anti-racism.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of delivering presentations.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Ability to use contemporary ICT.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of planning educational activities.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience of producing Business Plans.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines under pressure.
- Experience of liaising and maintaining with senior representatives from external organisations.
The contract is initially for a fixed term until 31st March 2013 with the possibility for extension if further funding can be secured.
Salary: £24,646 - £30,011
Closing date: 5pm Monday 21st May 2012
35 hours per week
SRtRC offer good conditions of service including, flexible working hours, annual leave of 25 days rising with service plus bank holidays and a group pension scheme.
Interviews will take place w/c 28th May 2012 in Glasgow
To download an application pack please click the link below or write to:
Show Racism the Red Card,
The Linskill Centre
NE30 2AYEmail: email@example.com
Show Racism the Red Card aims to be an equal opportunities employer.